BEN FRANKLIN HIGH SCHOOL ADMISSIONS CALENDAR
FOR 2013-2014 APPLICANTS
- Fill out the application completely and attach all the documents listed and get it to the school in person, by email or by US mail. Important dates in that process:
- October 8, 2012 (beginning of application period)—applications available on the website at: www.benfranklinhighschool.org/admissions or @ the school.
- January 11, 2013 (end of application period)—We will continue to accept applications as long as space is available.
- Once you have submitted a complete application, the student will be scheduled for an admissions test (unless Iowa scores were provided with the application). All tests are given on Saturdays at 8:00 a.m. at Franklin. The test dates are:
November 10, 2012
January 12, 2013
February 23, 2013
April 27, 2013
- Visit the school during Admissions Open House from 5:30 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, October 11, 2012.
- Acceptance letters will be mailed out beginning February 8, 2013 and continue on a rolling basis after that date.
- The LEAP test (the state mandated accountability test) will be given to non-public school students on the mornings of March 19, April 8, and April 9, 2013. Students must be present for all 3 days.
- Falcon Prep Day, our “welcome to Franklin” and pre-registration event is scheduled for April 11, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.
- Final report cards for new 9th, 10th, and 11th graders and leap scores for new 9th graders are due June 15, 2013.